Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Father's Day


Happy first Father's Day to my sweet husband Nick! You are the best dad in the world and I am so happy we have our little Bubby! He loves you so much and so do I!

Well...we decided to take a mini vacation back to Idaho Falls to visit for Father's Day, attend Nick's cousin Doug's wedding, and to take a sight-seeing trip to Jackson Hole for a couple of days. I am actually blogging from our hotel right now. Isaiah just fell asleep, Nick is playing softball with his old team, and I am getting in some relaxation time! I must say that vacations are not really vacations when you are bringing a 7 month old baby along. Everything is A LOT of work, but still definetely worth while.

It rained all through the Shurtliff Family BBQ Sunday, but thanks to Todd's giant tent, we all stayed dry. Isaiah finally met some of his extended family that have not seen him yet, and everyone thought he was super cute :-) Then we went and had a quiet visit at my mom and dad's house. My parents are doing great and we got to talk for quite a while since Isaiah discovered that Grandma has awesome toys!

Monday was a busy day! I had my hair done in the morning, and then I wanted to run Isaiah by his old doctor's office to have them take a peak in his ears (he has been pulling on them like crazy, but no ear infection...just teething discomfort). Then we drove up to Jackson Hole. We stayed at Hotel Terra in Teton Village which was awesome! I highly recommend it! However, I do not recommend the restaurant in the hotel...way too gourmet. I ordered the ravioli and it started out great until I realized their raviolis were filled with raw egg yolk as it slithered out onto my plate. Next time, I will order the pizza.

We walked all over downtown Jackson this morning, and I was able to take some great photographs for our website (stay tuned more to come on that subject) Although Isaiah did great in his new carseat, he seems really uncomfortable in the stroller sitting forward without his bucket carseat. So we had to take him out a lot and carry him. Finally, we just decided to hang out in the Antler Park in the middle of town and just let him roll around on a blanket to tire himself out before we drove back into I.F.

Next up, Doug's Wedding. Where do I begin? First of all, I want to say that I admire Doug for being secure and confident in who he is and what he enjoys, because that can be hard when you know there are people out there that can be so critical and try to bring you down. That being said...let me tell you about this wedding. It was quite creative. It was based on a Star Wars because he and his fiance are such big fans and met at a Star Wars Storm Trooper meeting or something like that. When we arrived, each guest was asked to have their family's poloroid taken with a replica C3PO and then the print was placed on a page in an album where we could write a message for the bride and groom. (kind of cool). The cake had "Doug and Erin" spelled out in Star Wars font and the topper was Princess Laya and her boyfriend (either Hans Solo or Luke Skywalker-I have no clue who is who). Otherwise, the wedding was very traditional and beautiful and Doug's new wife seems really nice and happy to be married to him. I wish them the best!

We will be coming back to Boise tomorrow, and I can't wait to be home in my own bed, with my own bathroom, and my own kitchen. I am exhausted!



2 comments:

  1. These new pictures of Isaiah are so ADORABLE! He is so smiley and sweet. Glad you are home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaiah is such a little stud! Don't you love going home to visit. It almost feels like more work sometimes when your running all over visiting family. Gotta love good old I.F.

    ReplyDelete