Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!



We had a great weekend celebrating Independance Day! Not only is it our nation's birthday, but it was also Isaiah's 8 month birthday. We started out the day with his first haircut! Even though he is still pretty young, this was necessary, seeing as how he was starting to look like the original Willy Wonka with the blonde wings and all! I didn't touch the top though....I love those curls way too much for that. Just a little off the sides. What do you think?

Before:

After:



Later, we went for a nice walk to the park and got in the swings, but it was too hot to stay out there for long, so instead we came home and got in the baby pool (see previous post). Then we went to a BBQ at our friend Reuben and Ally's house. We played water balloon volleyball and ate some great food! Needless to say, by the end of the day, Isaiah was exhausted and ready for bed. My least favorite thing about the 4th though is the fireworks that people set off in the street. I think it is a huge waste of money and it kept waking Isaiah up until after midnight. My opinion is: If you are going to do it, please be respectful of your neighbors and don't let them off all night long. In between the constant wakings, Nick and I watched a movie. We saw Revolutionary Road. It was nominated for a bunch of awards last year, but it was absolutely awful! It ends terribly, and is one of those movies that just leaves you with a sick feeling inside. So if I can spare anyone that agony by blogging about it here, then at least some good came of my misery!

All in all though, it was a great day because I was able to spend it with my family! It's crazy to think that next summer Isaiah will be running all over the place! I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment